Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ok, so I haven't really said anything about the illumination I do, I enjoy recreating illuminated manuscripts. According to others I'm good at it, and since I am way worse than my own worst critic I am going to err to their judgement. My goal for the summer months is to get some of the scrolls I have designed made, I base them off of some illumination from pre1600 Europe, and others are just ones that I want to do. Painting lets me focus and block all else out, something that I can only do when I am reading most of the time. 
I created a scroll based off of the above image, everyone said it was good but I'm not so sure. I want to work on my skills over the summer though ^.^ First summer since starting college that I will be home for, and I am looking forward to some much needed time with my family. When I went to school I never thought I would want to go home I was so deadset one getting the heck out of there, but I miss my family, and I really really really miss my doggy. Beans (her real name is Angel Lynn) is my baby, even if she is almost 10. She will always be my baby but I am facing the reality that she may not be around much longer :( When my moms dog passed it took a long time for her to get over it, and she still misses Bug (her name was Ginger Lady but she wouldn't come to Ginger not that I blame her lol.) and I can't believe that I miss her too, she hated any of us girls who got close to mom, but if mom wasn't home we were her best friends, my moms 
new dog Beau is like that. We haven't given him a middle name yet, somehow all of our dogs end up with multiple nicknames. 


No comments:

Post a Comment